05 June 2008

This was on my to-do list

Hello, and welcome back to those of you who subscribed to my blog during my semester in Utrecht. If you're interested in acquiring a taste for what these posts will resemble, or are just looking for some way, any way, to kill a few hours, check it out here.

The combination of a lightning-quick senior year (my first senior year, for those of you counting) and the fresh memory of my last trip abroad gives me the feeling I only just returned from my semester in the Netherlands. If you were to peek into my bedroom in Madison, you'd find it hard to believe I'm leaving in just over a week. Empty boxes are strewn around and half-done projects are littered across my desk and dresser. I've only recently added this line to a tattered to-do list: Make packing list for summer. So in the tangible realm, I'm ill-prepared to board the plane in Minneapolis next Sunday. But my sense of adventure is tingling and I'm more than ready to arrive in Copenhagen and begin my sure-to-be unforgettable summer exploring Scandinavia.

More than a few friends pointed out to me that my last blog was a bit PG in nature. There are obvious reasons for this. However, thanks to the lethal combination of facebook's immense popularity and the ubiquity of digital photography, I've all but ruled out a future in politics. I'm not promising coarse and brash, but I do plan to use a more liberal filter. That being said, I will do my best not to tarnish my good family name, as I'm well aware I will have some difficult questions to answer should that happen.

Feel free to pass this blog on to anyone who may enjoy it, and I encourage and look forward to any and all comments and feedback. My next post will be from the European continent. Until then, skål!

No comments: