24 June 2008

instincts still functioning

I forgot to mention this in my last post, and it would be a shame should I forget. During our last afternoon in Amsterdam, we headed out west of Bob's, Californee way, in search of some coffee and internet. Anytime I've been to Amsterdam, I always see this sign at Leidseplein, for what must be the worst-named coffeeshop of all time. It's simply called Internet Coffeeshop C@fe. One could assume they spent all of their money making the place great, and none on a marketing plan, but one would be wrong. We walked to the place, all the time thinking this would be a bad experience. It was. The proprietor scoffed at a 20 euro bill after ordering 12 euros worth of goods. She evil-eyed us as we sat at the too-clean tables and watched one of four widescreens playing Dutch top 40 music videos. The joint was terrible, the coffee was worse, and Pete's "Green Fruit Juice" tasted like cream soda crossed with fruit piss. This place is the worst coffeeshop in Amsterdam. If you follow my logic, you can agree that it is by default the worst in all of Holland, and finally, the worst in the world. Universe, if that applied. So please, never go there. And tell your friends and family to never go there. We suspect the place is just a front for something more lucrative. I mean, what's with all the widescreens?

By the way, I'm in Hamburg for the next few days, and plan to view the Germany v Turkey game in a Turkish neighborhood. I've been guaranteed this place will burn regardless of the result..

No comments: